KISS uses its best efforts to respect the privacy of its online visitors. At our site, we do not collect personally identifiable information from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. This means we do not require you to register or provide information to us in order to view our website. KISS only gathers personally identifiable data, such as names, addresses, zip/postal codes, e-mail addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by a visitor. For example, we ask for personal information on our online donation pages, and use this information to acknowledge receipt of your donation for tax purposes.
KISS does not sell or trade such information collected to third parties. We will not share personally identifiable information with third parties unless authorized by the person submitting the information or required by law.
Credit Card Information Security
KISS uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to protect the security of your transaction and the confidentiality of your personal information. This makes it extremely difficult for anyone else to intercept the credit card information you send to us.
Credit card information is not sold or traded to third parties. We will not share credit card information with third parties unless required by law.
If you still have concerns about the security of your credit card information, contributions may also be made by calling: +91 674 2725386 Or sending cheque or Money Orders to : Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We request information from the visitor on our donation form. A visitor must provide contact information (such as name, e-mail and mailing address) and payment information (such as credit card number and expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and for sending receipt of the donation. If we have trouble processing a donation, the information is used by us to contact the visitor.
If you supply us with your postal address or e-mail address on-line you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on our programs and services. If you do not want to receive postal mail or e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by sending email to us at: ([email protected]) or writing to us at the above address and telling us that you do not want to receive postal mail or e-mail from us. Some mailings are prepared well in advance, so please allow up to three months for your request to be properly reflected on our mailing lists.
This website may contain links to other sites. Unless we expressly state otherwise, KISS makes no representations whatsoever concerning the content of those sites. The fact that KISS has provided a link to a site is not an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation with respect to such site, its owners, or its providers. There are risks associated with using any information, software, or products found on the Internet, and KISS cautions you to make sure that you understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or purchasing anything via the Internet. In addition, we encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. These other sites may collect or solicit personal data or send their own cookies to your computer. Please be aware that KISS is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. Please check the privacy statements of these other sites for more information about their policies on collection and use of personal information.
Notification of Changes
If, however, we are going to use visitors’ personally identifiable information in a manner significantly different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify visitors via e-mail and won’t disclose this information unless express information is granted. However, if visitors have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner.
Legal Disclaimer Though we make a good faith effort to preserve visitor privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website.
This website may contains links to other websites of interest. Please be aware that once you have used these links to leave our website you should note that we, do not, have any control over and are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave our site they are required to read the privacy statements of each and every website they visit. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
From time to time our site requests information from visitors via interactive features, such as surveys or quizzes. Participation in these features is completely voluntary and the visitor therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and e-mail), and information on the visitor’s interests. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site and providing pertinent information to participants. Visitors’ personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties.
If a visitor elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend’s name and e-mail address. KISS will automatically send the friend a one-time e-mail with an introduction to KISS and an invitation to visit the site. The one-time e-mail will include the name of the person making the referral. KISS stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact KISS to unsubscribe from our mailing list
KISS takes your privacy seriously and treats all financial information about any transaction you have with the Foundation as highly confidential. In addition, KISS does not share e-mail addresses or phone numbers of any of our donors or constituents.
KISS deeply values all contributions to sustain its mission. To protect the privacy of our donors and their special relationship with KISS, we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card number ONLY for the purposes of accepting donations to KISS
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- We do not trade or sell your personal information with other organisations.
- Donors may request, at any time, to not receive our solicitations.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter.
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website.
- Personal data collected through our website is encrypted using ssl technology.
- Personal information stored in KISS database is protected with a secured login with authentication, assignment of a unique ID to each person with computer access, regular pass code changes, and user IDs are deactivated or terminated as needed.
- Our hosting data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks, virus protection, network load balancing devices via Citrix, and patch management, security and vulnerability monitoring and tracking, and SQL server attack protection via applications to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Attacks.
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organisations and causes they are asked to support, we assure the following:
- To be informed of the foundation’s mission, of the way the foundation intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the foundation’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its responsibilities
- To have access to the foundation’s most recent financial statements
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the foundation to the donor will be professional
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that the foundation may intend to share
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers