Existing Innovative Infrastructure at KISS
Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences is spread over a large green area. As a full-time residential home to over 27,000 students, this institute boasts a great many innovative infrastructural features which strive to provide students with a state-of-the-art learning experience, while also attempting to maintain a sustainable and eco friendly, low-carbon footprint.
Some of the features already in place on this campus include:
- 100 acres of land area/ 35,00,000 square feet of built up area in three campuses
- 25000 square feet library building
- 3 dining halls with 10,000 capacities
- 3 State-of-the-art Mechanized Kitchens
- 5% of total seats of KIIT University reserved in professional courses for meritorious children of KISS to pursue free professional education.
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Security system with Close Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras all around the campus
- 4 state-of-the-art computer labs to seat 2000 students
- 850 KW Solar power plants on 3 campuses
- Solar Water Heating System for Mechanized Kitchen
- Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water plant
- 200 bedded in-house medical facility, duly supported by Kalinga Institute of Medical Science (KIMS)
- Biogas Plant to process food waste into biogas for use in cooking purposes
- Science Park for children to understand various aspects of Physics and scientific learning
- Automatic Laundry machines for washing clothes
- Bakery Unit & Curd Unit
New Innovative Infrastructure
Over the past year and a half, as KISS expanded into a university, and forged new MOUs and expansion projects, the main Bhubaneswar campus has overseen the inauguration of new infrastructure, including:
- College Campus 3 With the formal establishment of KISS University last year, the college section of KISS was shifted to a brand new campus (Campus Number 3) in September 2017.
This campus houses a state-of-art Learning Centre, containing a library crafted in coordination with Tata Steel, a mini computer lab, learning rooms, an indoor conference hall, as well as an outdoor amphitheater space.
- Children’s Playground
KISS proudly opened a large new playground, complete with playground equipment, next to the Smart Classroom building on campus. This spacious, green playground offers students respite from their long work days, and the comfort of schoolyard equipment to have fun during their time off. The large space is surrounded by greenery, and also contains statues of traditionally dressed tribal couples along its periphery, providing a visual reminder of the tribal roots of KISS and its students.
- Smart Classrooms
In collaboration with Oracle, KISS recently inaugurated a building of smart classrooms wherein students have access to smart teaching technology, that is aimed at making the learning process more interactive and memorable for students, while facilitating teachers to deliver academic content in more efficient and student-friendly formats.
- Puffed Rice Factory
In order to provide our large student body with a filling and nutritious diet, KISS continuously undertakes nutrition projects to supplement the students’ meal-plans. Accordingly, a puffed rice factory was recently opened on campus, which provides Muri (puffed rice) to students as a healthy and nutritious evening snack.