KISS in collaboration with AIR LIQUIDE Foundation has been promoting the skill of food processing and preservation amongst the tribal children.
Initiatives undertaken with the help of AIR LIQUIDE Foundation
- Support for the training of target groups that include both teachers and students
- Involvement of persons having expertise knowledge on food processing and preservation
- Up-gradation of skills of in-house teachers for strengthening the skills of the teachers and the students
- Procurement of several equipments like Microwave ovens, Mixture grinders etc for the training programme
AIR LIQUIDE Foundation provided financial support for the procurement of all required materials. The training programme was organized in the KISS premises.
Impact / Outcome:
- The training strengthened the resource base in KISS in providing need based training to the students.
- 300 numbers of students and teachers were covered under two batches training in duration of three months per batches.
KISS has taken a vital responsibility to channel this inherited skills looking at the interest of the tribal students. KISS has started providing training to the teachers on food processing and preservation who would further disseminate the information to the students for ensuring their sustainable livelihood in future.